Sunday, January 08, 2012

Paleo Oatmeal

I woke up craving oatmeal, but I didn't want a large amount of milk and oats. I found this paleo recipe, so I gave it a whirl. 

My pantry was not prepared for this recipe, so I made due with what I had on hand. 


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts -- I used pecans
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 3/4 cup liquid egg whites or 3 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk -- I was out of almond milk, so used 2% milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract -- I WAS OUT!!!! Ugh!
Mix all the ingredients and cook on the stovetop. I topped mine with blueberries and later I added sliced bananas. I have got to make this again, but next time with vanilla extract and almond milk. Even without those ingredients it was pretty good. Yup, I got my oatmeal fix and now I'm so full. 

This made a big portion size for one. I'm going to give the rest to Cheyenne. I hope she likes it too. 
Paleo Oatmeal

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm Flax Seed. Dominic ordered a huge Huge HUGE box of it, that has individual bags inside. I don't know what I'm going to do with it all. It goes in oatmeal, bread, tortillas..... what else? I'm up to my ears in it. If you need any let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't really have a taste, so I put it in just about everything.

    ReplyDelete